Robust Response to COVID-19 to Support Residents, Tenants, and Team Members
FCP® has published its 2020 ESG Report, providing reporting and metrics on the firm’s activities in the areas of Environmental Sustainability, Social Responsibility and Governance.
Key accomplishments in 2020 included:
- Aligning the 2020 ESG Report with both the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and IRIS+
- Becoming a signatory to the U.N.-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
- Named one of The Washington Post 2021 Top Workplaces
- Mounting a robust response to support the COVID-19 public health crisis through rental application assistance, waived late fees and resource guides
- Conducting COVID-19 fundraiser through FCP SERVES with 85% of FCP team members participating in the matching program provided by FCP partners
- Donating more than 675,000 meals through food insecurity initiatives to support families in need
- Completing 37 energy efficiency projects saving 7.62 million kwh, enough energy to power 693 homes for a year, for a total of $1.59 million in estimated annual savings
- Completing 8 water efficiency projects saving 62.7 million gallons, enough to fill 95 Olympic pools
- Adopting a responsible contractor policy to support and promote the engagement of independent contractors
- Achieving a 95% retention rate in 2020 vs. industry average of 83%
“2020 tested FCP’s environmental, social and governance practices and demonstrated the strength of both our programs and our team,” said Summer Haltli, Senior Vice President of Strategic Management and Sustainability. “Working with our asset managers and property management partners, we greatly increased tenant access to needed supportive services, maintained extraordinary accomplishments in our sustainability initiatives and implemented design and technology innovations to provide healthy workplaces.”
FCP’s 2020 ESG report, as well as prior years’ reports, can be viewed here.
FCP® is a privately held real estate investment company that has invested in or financed more than $8.6 billion in assets since its founding in 1999. FCP invests directly and with operating partners in commercial and residential assets. The firm makes equity and mezzanine investments in income-producing and development properties. Based in Chevy Chase, MD, FCP invests both its commingled, discretionary funds and separate accounts targeted at major real estate markets in the United States. For further information on FCP, please visit www.fcpdc.com.